10 Random Facts About Tom "TD" Dougherty
Tom "TD" Dougherty, who came in fourth in the unofficial mayor of West Roxbury poll, prefers the prime rib at the Corrib, and recalls the happiest moment in his life.
Paul Revere's ride, dumping tea, the production of Sam Adams beer - nothing will compare to inauguration of the first Unofficial Mayor of West Roxbury, Richie Gormley.
Gormley was just one of nine original nominees, and (one nominee, who kept on being written in - Cappy), so let's get to know the other nominees - because all of them will also be honored the night of the event.
We start with Tom "TD" Dougherty because he came up with the idea to make the mock election into a fundraising event for Parkway area charitities. Call it a touchdown for TD.
The event is on Friday, March 30th from 7-11 p.m. at the Irish Social Club with a suggested $10 donation at the door that goes to Parkway area charities.
TD sat down with West Roxbury Patch to share 10 random facts about himself, including his new position as Deputy Mayor by Gormley.
10 Random Tom "TD" Dougherty Facts
1) TD is the head of Hockey Alumni Group of UMass-Amherst
2) TD is the former board president of West Roxbury Main Streets
3) TD grew up in Brookline
4) TD is the chairman of the Boston Police District E-5 Advisory Board
5) TD's uncle was the former GM and exec. VP of the Boston Red Sox Lou Gorman
6) TD is a parishioner of Holy Name
7) TD's favorite food is Corrib Pub prime rib
8) TD was "appointed" Deputy Mayor by Richie Gormley
9) TD is the cooperator for Hyde Park Savings Bank, now known as Blue Hills Bank
10) TD's happiest moment was, "When I got married 20 years ago to Doreen."