5 Things: A Storm's Coming! More Water Fountains? Boston Ward 20 Democratic Caucus
Boston District 6 City Councilor Matt O'Malley is leading a hearing today on improving the public's access to water via fountains, tap stations and more.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley will be leading a hearing at City Hall today about increasing public access to water throughout the city. We're talking water fountains, bubblers, tap stations and whatever new technology is out there. 11 a.m. 5th floor.
- There's a storm coming! The National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning starting Friday morning.
- Weather permitting - SMILE Mass is holding a party for its third year on Friday at the Elks Hall at 7 p.m. $30 per person includes: a buffet dinner, DJ, fantastic raffle and silent auction items. Plus the comedy of Brad Mastrangelo. Please visit www.smilemass.org for more information and to order tickets.
- Also weather permitting - on Sat. Feb. 9 starting at noon, visit Lord's & Lady's Hair Salon and whether you have an appointment or not, you can receive a complimentary personalized photo by PhotoOpBoston. You will get a photo in a Valentine's Day card.
- Also on Saturday, the Boston Ward 20 Democratic Caucus is being held at 9 a.m. at the District Area E-5 Police Station Community Room. The caucus is being held to elect delegates from Boston Ward 20 to the Massachusetts Democratic Convention on June 1 in Lowell. The caucus is open to all registered Democrats residing in Ward 20.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.