5 Things: Check Out West Roxbury's Entry in the National Patch Deck the House Contest
Richie DiSalvo's well-decorated home is going up against homes from all around the country.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- It looks like West Roxbury's Fabutique finished second in the City's Deck the Windows contest - the winner will be announced on Thursday.
- Check out West Roxbury's Richie DiSalvo's house, which was selected as the best Decked out holiday house in the area for Patch's Deck the House contest. All you have to do is visit this page to browse a gallery of the finalists and cast your vote beginning Dec. 18. On Dec. 28, we’ll announce the grand prize winner of our Deck the House contest.
- Are you a woman looking to play some pickup basketball? Swing by tonight at 7 p.m. at Curtis Hall Community Center at 20 South St., Jamaica Plain. All skill levels are welcome.
- On Friday, enjoy a free family movie night, "The King is Born" at the Arabic Evangelical Baptist Church. All are welcome to the fun family event with games, activities and more. 6:30 p.m.
- Until Dec. 31, Boston Meter Cards are 20% off their original price, according to the City's website. The cards are available online, and sold at the Office of the Parking Clerk (Room 224, Boston City Hall) and the BTD Tow Lot (200 Frontage Road). Parking Clerk and Tow Lot accept cash, credit, or debit cards.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.