5 Things: Erin Og Tonight at Irish Social Club; Model Railroad Open House This Weekend
Want to hear some good Irish music? Hear to the Irish Social Club tonight.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Register now for the Parkway Girls Softball League. Registration deadline is March 17, same day as tryouts. Click here for fees, dates/times and more.
- Every Friday night Erin Og is performing at the Irish Social Club as it goes as pub! The boys kicked off the brand new night last week, in addition to Sunday nights, as the place to hear solid Irish music, imbibe on your favorite beverage and have as much craic as you can handle. No cover on Fridays, casual atmoshere and place you can hang your hat so feel at home. 5:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- On Saturday and Sunday is a favorite for kids and train fans, as the Bay State Model Railroad Museum invites you to tour three scale railroads of national prominence. You will see state-of-the-art modeling of neighborhoods, beautiful landscapes, and of course, railroads. Includes O scale layout with 1940s Roslindale Village. This event takes place on March 2 & 3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the museum at 760 South St. Roslindale, For info click here. All ages welcome. NOTE: Not handicapped assessable. $5.
- Are you an adult interested in learning tap dancing? Spend your Sunday afternoon at the West Roxbury School of Dance. Learn some tap steps with Patrice Monahan and her students. Bring shoes. 3-4:45 p.m. 49 Corey St.
- On Saturday is the SMILE Mass Comedy Night, rescheduled due to that pesky blizzard. The doors open at 7 p.m. Holiday Inn, 55 Ariadne Road, Dedham. Buffet dinner served at 7:30. $30/person. Raffles, silent auction, DJ, cash bar and comedian Brad Mastrangelo.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.