5 Things: Evening Garden Club of West Roxbury with Garden Designer Kelly Wingo Tonight
Also tonight enjoy Spanish wine and tapas from Masona Grill at Blanchard's.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight the Evening Garden Club of West Roxbury presents acclaimed landscape and garden designer Kelly Wingo. 7 p.m. Wingo is featured on New England Cable Network's "New England Dream Home" and the popular PBS series "Victory Garden". She is published in Better Homes and Gardens and The Boston Sunday Globe. She is a member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers. Her presentation of "Designing a Garden for Four-Season Appeal" will demonstrate how to create garden beauty in all seasons. She will discuss planning and structure - making the most of your space, using plant combinations for sun and shade...for spring, summer, fall and even winter appeal. Join members of the Evening Garden Club of West Roxbury at the Elks Lodge. Admission for non-members $5. All are welcome to attend.
- The parking ban was lifted on 6 p.m. Tuesday. But Boston crews are continuing to clear streets. Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500 to report a storm-related issue.
- Tonight enjoy Spanish wine and tapas from Masona Grill at Blanchard's. Spanish wine is hot! Sometimes quite literally, it is easy to grow grapes that will make high alcohol wines in a warm climate, it's also in reference to the amazing growth in Spain's wine exports to the United States and these wines are delicious and balanced, defying the long time reputation that great Spanish wines were few and far between. Blanchard's is conducting a seminar with Patrick Mata, co-founder of Ole Imports, where you will taste your way through Spain's incredibly diverse wine regions, we will touch on the classic and esoteric alike. Aside from the wine quality, one of the most admirable aspects of Ole Imports is their attitude concerning social responsibility. Light Tapas prepared by Masona Grill will accompany the wines. Tickets are $25 per person and $20 per person with a purchase of two or more tickets. Buy tickets here. 7-8:30 p.m.
- On Friday, FMC Ice Sports is holding its 6th Annual Boston Bruins and Cradles to Crayons PJ Drive. At the Jim Roche Community Ice Arena they will be collecting NEW pajamas for children ages 0-12 (sizes 0-20) between February 11-17. Guests who donate a pair of PJs will be awarded a free public skate admission pass for a future visit to the rink. Stop by the rink on Friday between 8-9:50 p.m. for a live, lights out, DJ public skate.
- The Porter Cafe is calling all homebrewers for a craft beer competition on Saturday, 1-4 p.m. Porter Cafe will have some local home brewers bringing their brews along to taste and share, and there will be a brewer from the Somerville Brewing Company, makers of Slumbrew, to answer questions and give advice etc. Porter is hoping to brew a keg of the most popular beer to serve on draft at the Porter Cafe.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.