5 Things: Get Your Flu Shots; and Meet Fiction Writer Erin Thorne
Paranormal fiction writer will be signing copies of her latest book "Behind the Wheel" at Seek Books in West Roxbury on Saturday.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Boston Mayor Menino declared a public health emergency in Boston due to the flu outbreak.
- Click here to find where you can get a flu shot in West Roxbury.
- Fiction writer Erin Thorne will be signing copies of her latest book "Behind the Wheel" on Saturday, Jan. 12 at Seek Books. 1-4 p.m. Read a Q&A with Thorne here.
- On Monday West Roxbury Saves Energy is presenting on how to Pay Less for Your Heating and Cooling about the latest technology for heating and cooling your home, known as TCC, or Total Climate Control—energy efficiency that saves you money. These systems are furnaces and air conditioners all in one that save energy and up to 60% on your utility bills. Find out how these systems work and how to have one installed by Next Step Living. Free and open to all. For more details visit westroxburysavesenergy.org. West Roxbury Library. 6:45-8 p.m.
- The city of Boston will pick up Christmas trees from Jan. 7-18. Click here for more info.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.