5 Things: Learn About Green Energy Options Today and Tomorrow in West Roxbury
Tonight learn about the new option from the Mass Energy Consumers Alliance for West Roxbury residents at the library at 7 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight learn about the new option from the Mass Energy Consumers Alliance for West Roxbury residents that offers 100% local, renewable energy—including wind, solar, digester gas (cow power), and low-impact hydro—to NSTAR customers. All resources are from New England. Because participation in Mass Energy’s renewable energy program contributes to the public good, payments to this program are tax deductible for federal income tax purposes. Free and open to all. West Roxbury Library. 7 p.m.
- On Tuesday at the monthly West Roxbury Neighborhood Council meeting, Benita Hussain from Greenovate Boston will be speaking. Greenovate Boston is a collective movement and innovative solution to ensure a greener, healthier and more prosperous future for the city by meeting Boston’s goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 25% by 2020. Hussain is one of the Mayor’s first two Greenovate Fellows, who will be in charge of spreading information about this movement throughout the city and getting communities and businesses involved. Also on the agenda, Officer Ed Roach from Area E-5 will discuss crime statistics for the West Roxbury Area. District E-5. 7:30 p.m.
- On Tuesday there will be an Eat Well Supermarket Tour at Roche Bros. Presented by the Brigham and Women’s Faulkner Hospital Nutrition Clinic and the Community Health and Wellness Department. Do you feel like food shopping is a chore? Is your grocery bill always more than you expect? Are you confused about the healthiest foods to choose? Baffled by the Nutrition Facts label? Then join for a fun and informative tour at your local supermarket. Tuesday's session is Shopping on a Budget: Best foods that offer the most nutrition bang for your buck. Registration is required to attend. There is a 10 person limit per tour. 11-11:45 a.m. Free.
- On Wednesday, join At-Large Boston City Councilor Ayanna Pressley as she reads some of her favorite children's books at the West Roxbury Library in celebration of Black History Month. Free. 4 p.m.
- Get your tickets for the Legends of Comedy Night at the Irish Social Club in West Roxbury on March 15 with Lenny Clark, Steve Sweeney and Mike Donovan.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.