5 Things: Mayor Menino Delivering His 20th State of City Address Tonight
You can watch the State of the City address on television tonight at 7:30 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino will deliver his 20th “State of the City” public address tonight at 7 p.m. at Faneuil Hall. Watch it on television at 7:30 p.m. on WCVB Channel 5 (RCN and Comcast) and on NECN Channel 6 (Comcast).
- Tonight enjoy tasting Pretty Things beer at a Local Craft Beer Tasting at the Porter Cafe. 5-7 p.m.
- Enjoy the "Fenway Park Winter Light Show" - a new musical LED performance that dances on the Green Monster through February 28. Red Sox fans can experience the “Fenway Park Winter Light Show” any day of the week at the conclusion of the 4 pm, 5pm and 6pm park tours. Park tours cost just $15. For more info visit www.redsox.com/tours or call 617-226-6675.
- Need to pay a City of Boston Parking Ticket? Click here.
- Register your Parkway Little Leaguer now online before the cost goes up. And if you want to be an umpire (boys and girls 13 and older) and get paid to call strikes, balls, and outs - you must attend the free Umpire School class sessions being offered by the Parkway Little League.
- Boston Public Schools has proposed three student assignment plans: A ten-zone option; and two “home-based” options that connect a child’s home address with schools nearby.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.