5 Things: Parking Meters are Free Today in Boston
Boston crews are continuing to clear streets. Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500 to report a storm-related issue. You can also call West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley at 617-635-4220.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino's Valentine's Day present is all parking meters in Boston are free today!
- Boston crews are continuing to clear streets. Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline at 617-635-4500 to report a storm-related issue. You can also call West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley at 617-635-4220.
- On Saturday, from noon to 4 p.m., visit Lord's & Lady's Hair Salon and whether you have an appointment or not, you can receive a complimentary personalized photo by PhotoOpBoston. You will get a photo in a Valentine's Day card. This event was rescheduled from last weekend due to the blizzard.
- On Friday, FMC Ice Sports is holding its 6th Annual Boston Bruins and Cradles to Crayons PJ Drive. At the Jim Roche Community Ice Arena they will be collecting NEW pajamas for children ages 0-12 (sizes 0-20) between February 11-17. Guests who donate a pair of PJs will be awarded a free public skate admission pass for a future visit to the rink. Stop by the rink on Friday between 8-9:50 p.m. for a live, lights out, DJ public skate.
- The Porter Cafe is calling all homebrewers for a craft beer competition on Saturday, 1-4 p.m.Porter Cafe will have some local home brewers bringing their brews along to taste and share, and there will be a brewer from the Somerville Brewing Company, makers of Slumbrew, to answer questions and give advice etc. Porter is hoping to brew a keg of the most popular beer to serve on draft at the Porter Cafe.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.