5 Things: Tax Abatement Deadline Today; Learn About Pruning in the Winter
The Arnold Arboretum is offering two workshops on Saturday - one about grafting techniques for ornamental trees, and the other about pruning in the winter.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Remember quarterly real estate tax payments are due the first weekday of February, which is today. Click more here.
- Today is also the deadline for filing tax abatements for: real estate; personal property; and statutory exemption. Applications are due on the first weekday of February, at 5 p.m. Click more here.
- Learn about Grafting Techniques for Ornamental Trees at the Arnold Arboretum on Saturday. $120. 617-384-5277. For more info check out the Arboretum's website here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- There will also be a Pruning in Winter workshop at the Arnold Arboretum on Saturday. $48. Also email email@example.com or call 617-384-5277. 9 a.m. - noon.
- On Sunday there will be a Pics in the Park: Winter Photography Challenge for people of all ages. The Winter Photography Challenge offers participants techniques for taking impressive photographs of Boston's scenic parks. Meet at the bridge at the Public Garden. Call 617-635-4505 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.