5 Things: Two Winterize Now! Workshops Today; Wine 101 Tomorrow
Learn about no-cost energy assessments and incentives of 75% off insulation and air-sealing up to $2,000.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Attend a free Winterize Now! West Roxbury workshop today at 10 a.m. at the Roche Family Community Center, hosted by West Roxbury Saves Energy. Learn about no-cost energy assessments and incentives of 75% off insulation and air-sealing up to $2,000...
- ....And if you can't make the morning session - attend the same workshop at the West Roxbury Library tonight at 6:45 p.m. Also for free. Refreshments will be served at both sessions.
- On Tuesday, attend Wine 101 at Blanchard's Wine & Spirits. $15. A beginner's wine class based on an introduction to tasting. Approaching classic wines made from the most popular grape varieties grown in their typical regions in order to give the novice a good idea of what to expect from the most commonly encountered bottles on a restaurant wine list. Discuss the basics of wine and food pairing and introduce the concepts and tools that will help you. The point of this class is that the students walk away with an appreciation of wine that goes beyond the feeling that "it tastes good", because while we love tasty beverages we also find a lot to appreciate in the greater context of history, geography and culture that surrounds wine. Tickets can be reserve here.
- On Wednesday and Thursday there will be walk-in registration for Parkway Little League. Elks. 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Register now for the Parkway Girls Softball League. Registration deadline is March 17, same day as tryouts. Click here for fees, dates/times and more.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.