5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 13
Opening Day celebrations for Parkway Little League and Parkway Girls Softball League this weekend.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Tonight the West Roxbury/Roslindale Rotary Club's annual Paul Harris Award Dinner will be held at 6 p.m. at the Elks Hall. This year's honorees include Alan MacKinnon of the Gardens at Gethesemane and Sister Nancy Braceland of the Casserly House in Roslindale. There will also be a raffle for an all-expense paid trip for two to St. Croix. Prize includes roundtrip airfare for two, seven-nights hotel, seven-day car rental, several dinners at local restaurants and island tour. Limited tickets will be sold for only $20 per chance. The money raised will go to support the Rotary's Scholarship Fund and other community programs
- The Parkway Little League Opening Day and Parade will be on Saturday leaving Fallon Field at 11:30 a.m. on its way to the Guy Cammarratta Complex on Baker Street.
- The Parkway Girls Softball League's 6th Opening Day Celebration will be on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Billings Field. Three softball games, food and fun, a DJ, facepainting, a moon bounce and a Red Sox ticket raffle.
- On Saturday you can sign-up children for the Tenacity tennis program at Wicked Sharp. 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- This week's West Roxbury Patch Readers' Choice Best of Poll, wants to know - What is the best sporting goods store in West Roxbury? Vote here. Voting will end today at 9 a.m. The winner will be announced today at noon.