5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 27
Tonight is a 3-on-3 co-ed basketball tournament for sixth and seventh graders at the Roche Family Community Center.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Tonight is the 1st 3-on-3 Co-ed Basketball Tournament at the Roche Family Community Center for kids in grades 6 and 7. $5 per person or $20 for teams of 4. Must pre-register to enter. Call/email Courtney Losi at 617-635-5066 or email@example.com. 6 p.m.
- West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding office hours today at Panera from 8-9 a.m. Stop by and talk about West Roxbury issues and the neighborhood.
- Boston Shines neighborhood cleanups are this Friday and Saturday. There are several organizations doing cleanups in West Roxbury. If you would like to participate, please come down to Centre Street cleanup at the Hastings Street Municipal Lot (corner of Hastings and Centre streets) on Saturday at 8:30 a.m. From there, gloves and tools, and t-shirts will be provided and then onto sprucing up Centre Street! For more info call Christopher Tracy, West Roxbury Coordinator for the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Services at 617-635-3485.
- This week's Patch Readers' Choice Poll is - where is the best florist in West Roxbury? Click on the link to vote! There are several good options in the poll. Voting started on Monday and ends today at 9 a.m. The winner will be announced today at noon.
- Saturday is National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day. 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This will take place at District E-5's Community Room. This is a great opportunity for those who missed the previous events, or who have subsequently accumulated unwanted, unused prescription drugs, to safely dispose of those medications. Please see website for more info.