5 Things You Need to Know Today: April 6
Today is Good Friday. May it be a good day to you.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Today is Good Friday, Sunday is Easter, and Passover observance continue, too. Here are schedules for several of the larger churches and temple in West Roxbury.
- In this week's Readers' Choice, West Roxbury Patch wants to know what do you think is the best business to go for last minute tax help in the neighborhood? Vote here. The winner will be announced today at noon and voting closes today at 9 a.m.
- Today the the West Roxbury Community Center teen center will take a trip to Legacy Place. Lunch at Wicked Pizza, walk around and window show. 12-4 p.m. $15. Call Center and ask for Courtney Losi at 617-635-5066. Grades six and older.
- Attention business owners: Did you miss participating in the first Patch Local Business Forum survey? Well, it’s not too late to join the forum for this month’s survey. Let your voice be heard (anonymously) on a variety of important topics by signing up here. We're hoping your opinions will help promote conversation and make our community stronger.
- West Roxbury doesn't have a huge egg hunt, so that's why we go nextdoor for the annual Roslindale Village's Egg Hunt. On Saturday join the Easter Bunny at 10 a.m. to hunt for 5,000 treat-filled eggs hidden throughout Roslindale’s tree-lined Adams Park. Children ages 2 to 6 may attend the hunt and should bring a basket or bag to collect eggs. Older kids and families can join the parent/child egg toss and bunny hop races, with special prizes for the winning teams. Kids face painting and crafts, free refreshments and a raffle to win a Roslindale gift basket. Event is free and open to all. Info and updates in case of inclement can seen on RVMS' website here. Adams Park is located Roslindale’s shopping district and easily accessed by public transportation, bicycle, walking, or car with off-street parking lot on Taft Hill Terrace behind the Roslindale Community Health and Dental Center. Sponsored by Roslindale Village Main Street in conjunction with the Roslindale Arts Alliance.