5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 10
Today is a Free Fun Friday at the Sports Musuem and for Shakespeare on the Common.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today is a Free Fun Friday at The Sports Museum. Admission is free for everyone. 100 Legends Way, Boston.
- Do you have a $5 million innovation idea? The Bloomberg Philanthropies’ Mayor’s Challenge awards multiple cities with million dollar grants to create the winning ideas.
- On Saturday, celebrate tomato season at the Roslindale Village Farmers' Market. 9 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Boston area farms like Allandale, MacArthur and Brookwood, all at the Roslindale Farmers' Market, will produce 30-50 different varieties of tomatoes for sale as this season progresses. Come taste and buy some! Adams Park, Roslindale at Washington Street and Cummins Highway.
- Enjoy a free performance of the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company performing "Coriolanus" on the Boston Common tonight. 7 p.m. 175 Tremont St., Boston.
- Before you know it Boston's Restaurant Week will be here on Aug. 19-24. Check out theparticipating restaurants here and make reservations.