5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 31
Head out to the JFK Museum for free today. Also, Saturday is the Boston Tattoo Convention.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today it's a Free Fun Friday at the JFK Museum and Library - free to get in for everyone. 9 a.m. 220 William Morrissey Boulevard, Boston.
- Although Leviticus 19:28 clearly states that you shouldn't get a tattoo - the Boston Tattoo Convention is on Saturday from at least noon to 5 p.m. 39 Dalton St., Boston.
- The school year is so close, or already here for some. For assistance with student assignment, transportation or other back-to-school issues, call the Boston Public Schools Back-to-School Hotline at 617-635-9046.
- Monday is Labor Day! City Hall, schools, libraries, community centers and pools are all closed. But meters are free!
- On Saturday, in Adams Park, is the Roslindale Village Farmers' Market from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Childrens activities are scheduled every Saturday from 10-11 a.m. and live music is also every Saturday from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. Washington Street and Cummins Highway, Roslindale.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.