5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 6
Red Sox slugger David "Big Papi" Ortiz will be at Catholic Memorial today as a part of a Citi baseball camp.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Red Sox hitter David Ortiz will be at Catholic Memorial this morning as a part of a baseball camp through the Citi Private Pass program. How far do you think Big Papi can hit one from homeplate at Catholic Memorial's baseball field??
- Tonight there will be a free learning class on how to use the Boston Business Journal in aiding your job search. St. Stephen's Church. 6:30 p.m. Register by emailing email@example.com.
- Have you taken all of Readers' Choice polls yet? Click here and vote for your favorite pizza place, dry cleaners and more. Voting ends on August 9 - and if you don't vote soon you may miss your chance - until the next time we do Readers Choice...
- Read about a new animal welfare law that created a Massachusetts-wide homeless animal fund to spay/neuter homeless animals. Also, the law added pets to domestic abuse prevention orders, ensuring that both human and animal victims of domestic violence can be covered by a restraining order.
- Do you like pizza? How about embarking on a "Slice of Little Italy" Pizza Tour? Boston Pizza Tours does walking tours of Boston and is currently doing a tour of the North End, complete with visiting famous landmarks, and eating pizza.