5 Things You Need to Know Today: August 7
Red Sox hitter David Ortiz was at Catholic Memorial yesterday; a free arts and crafts session tomorrow at Hynes Playground for children.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Red Sox slugger David Ortiz had a great time at Catholic Memorial yesterday during a baseball clinic. Here are some photos and article, more photos, and a video of the clinic.
- On Wednesday, there is a City-run Artists in Residence Crafts Workshop free for children up to 12-years-old. Call Lauren Patrick at 617-961-3051 for info and questions. 9 a.m. - noon. Hynes Playground.
- Need to pay a City of Boston parking ticket? You can do so online here.
- Have you taken all of Readers' Choice polls yet? Click here and vote for your favorite pizza place, dry cleaners and more. Voting ends on August 9.
- Boston magazine’s Battle of the Burger event is a burger cook-off among the hottest restaurants in the city. Chefs from the 20 restaurant finalists including: 80 Thoreau, 5 Napkin Burger, The Blue Ox, Bond, Boston Burger Company, Brew City, Cafeteria, Church, Common Ground Bar and Grill, The Fireplace, Four Burgers, Joe’s American Bar & Grill, Legal Test Kitchen, Olde Magoun’s Saloon, Russell House Tavern, Saloon, Smith & Wollensky, Stephanie’s on Newbury, Tasty Burger and Uno’s. This event costs $75 at 1 Black Falcon Ave, Boston at 6 p.m.