5 Things You Need to Know Today: December 29
'Tis the season - to apparently not snow, and hold onto to your Christmas trees until next week.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Christmas trees will be collected for composting from January 2-13. Please remove all ornaments, decorations, and stands from trees and place trees at the curb by 7 a.m. on recycling day. Do NOT put trees in plastic bags.
- Due to Monday being a holiday, recycling and trash day will be moved back one day.
- Check out all the family fun and events for Boston First Night. Get your button now to enjoy activities like dancing, arts and crafts and more.
- Get off to a running start on New Year's Day with the Jon Connor Resolution Run starting at the West Roxbury YMCA at 9:30 a.m. The run is sponsored and free due to the Parkway Running Club.
- Dec. 31 is the last day to qualify for the Renew Boston program for your no-cost building energy assessments and upgrades to qualifying Boston residents.