5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 8
Learn about becoming a foster parent tonight.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Do you have what it takes to become a foster parent? The Home for Little Wanderers (The Home), the nation’s oldest child welfare agency and one of the largest in New England, is actively seeking individuals to become part of its foster care team and make a lasting impact on a child’s life. Boston-area residents and individuals who are considering foster parenting are invited to attend a series of free information meetings at The Home for Little Wanderers, 780 American Legion Highway, Roslindale. Tonight. 6 p.m.
- There is a two-hour public skating session at the Jim Roche Community Ice Arena from noon to 2 p.m. Strap on those skates and hit the ice! Rental skates available.
- The deadline to register to vote, make a change of address, or declare a political designation in time for the March 6th Presidential Primary is Wed., Feb. 15th, 2012. All registrations must be postmarked by that date in order to be eligible. Request voter registration form online here - you cannot register to vote online. City Hall, Elections Department, Room 241, will be open until 8 p.m. on Feb. 15.
- The Boston Youth Fund Summer Employment Program and hotline are open to register Boston youths for summer jobs. To learn if you're eligible and to apply click here.
- Are you opening a business or a current business owner and need to file permits. Check out the city's website reference page that provides information about entertainment licenses, permits and more.