5 Things You Need to Know Today: February 9
The Boston Ward 20 Democratic Caucus will take place on Saturday, at 9 a.m., at the West Roxbury Pub. The Caucus is to elect delegates to the Massachusetts Democratic Convention to be held on June 2 in Springfield.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- The deadline to register to vote, make a change of address, or declare a political designation in time for the March 6th Presidential Primary is Wed., Feb. 15th, 2012. All registrations must be postmarked by that date in order to be eligible. Request voter registration form online here - you cannot register to vote online. City Hall, Elections Department, Room 241, will be open until 8 p.m. on Feb. 15.
- The Boston Youth Fund Summer Employment Program and hotline are open to register Boston youths for summer jobs. To learn if you're eligible and to apply click here.
- West Roxbury District Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding office hours at Starbucks on Friday morning. 8-9 a.m.
- The Boston Ward 20 Democratic Caucus will take place on Saturday, at 9 a.m., at the West Roxbury Pub. The Caucus is to elect delegates to the Massachusetts Democratic Convention to be held on June 2,2012 at the Mass Mutual Center in Springfield.
- Got a cracked sidewalk or a clogged sewer? Call the Mayor's 24-hour hotline to report a problem at 617-635-4500.