5 Things You Need to Know Today: January 11
Ward 20 Republican Committee meeting tonight at Roche Family Community Center; and Mayor Menino to give State of the City address.
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the feature in the comments section.
- The Boston Ward 20 Republican Committee is meeting tonight at the Roche Family Community Center (it was going to be at the District E-5 Police Station). 7:30-8:30 p.m. This meeting is open to the public and individuals interested in the committee are welcome to attend.
- Mayor Thomas Menino is scheduled to give his State of the City address at 7 p.m. at Faneuil Hall. Doors open at 6 p.m. and it is open to the public, but it is a tough ticket to get.
- The West Roxbury/Roslindale Rotary Club is holding its weekly meeting at noon at West on Centre. Individuals interested in joining are welcome to attend.
- Roxbury Latin is having an opening reception for Andrew McKay's (class of 2002) exhibit "The Production Catastrophe." 6-8 p.m. at the Great Hall.
- The Boston Finance Commission is meeting to discuss city revenue, school contracts, and city park land issues. 5 p.m. Conference room #309 at 152 North St.