5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 13
Two playground meet-ups today and ReadBoston's Storymobile will be at the Ohrenberger.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- West Roxbury Patch wants to you to help with a Patch Passport for - West Roxbury. What would you recommend to a tourist?
- The food trucks are here in Boston. They will be located throughout the City starting tomorrow. For a map of the public locations click here. Starting next week you can click here to see which trucks will be where.
- Boston Mayor Thomas Menino championed the passage of a new state law that creates municipal health reforms, which allows Massachusetts municipalities to control rising healthcare costs. Said Menino, "...a groundbreaking agreement with our workforce that will reduce our costs by $70 million over the next four years. These reforms will help keep more teachers in classrooms, more police officers and firefighters on our streets, and will allow us to continue to provide services that keep our neighborhoods clean and vibrant."
- There are two playground meet-ups today at the same time, 9:30-11 a.m. at the Hynes Playground or Billings Field. Water activities are included at the Hynes' meet-up.
- The ReadBoston Storymobile will be at the Ohrenberger Community Center at 10 a.m. Children can enjoy storytelling and free books. For more information, call 617-918-5289 or click here.