5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 15
Parkway American plays Wellesley in the District 10 Little League Championship in hopes of advancing to Regionals.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- The Parkway National squad plays Wellesley today at Casey Park at 5:30 p.m in Watertown in the District 10 Little League Championship. Whichever team wins advances to the Regionals - let's go Parkway!
- The NFL Punt, Pass & Kick Competition is being hosted by Parkway Pop Warner on Saturday. All are welcome to the competition, which is free and open to all boys and girls ages 6-15, from 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. at Billings Field in West Roxbury.
- The Irish Social Club of Boston is having a membership drive on Sunday from 6-8 p.m. at the club. Bring cash, be prepared to wait on line, and last time you were not allowed to sign others up who weren't in attendance.
- Tonight is a Summer Splash Friday at the West Roxbury YMCA. From 6:30-7:30 p.m. you can learn about water polo - learn about treading water, how to trap and throw the ball. For more info contact Kaitlin Breen at 617-323-3200 ext. 127 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The St. Vincent de Paul Society will be sponsoring a food drive at the Holy Name Parish this weekend. Local Catholic food banks are in great need of non-perishable foods including cereal, rice, coffee, pasta, canned fruit and spaghetti sauce. Please drop off your donations to the front of the church.