5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 18
ReadBoston Storymobile at Billings Field and Roche Family Community Center today - free books for any child who attends.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Every child who attends the free ReadBoston Storymobile sessions today at either Billings Field at 10 a.m. and/or the Roche Family Community Center at 11:15 a.m., will enjoy an entertaining storytelling session - and receive a free book. For kids up to 8.
- Starting Thursday and ending with a championship game on Sunday - the Parkway Little League is hosting the 9/10-year-old state championship at the Guy Cammarata Complex and a Parkway team is in the tourney! 315 Baker St., West Roxbury.
- Parkway Little League is accepting applications for the Wood Bat Summer Ball Program. Games are Monday to Thursday (not on weekends) for the senior division, minor and major league players, junior division, T-ball, and instructional players. Program runs July 23 to Aug. 23 at the Guy Cammarata Complex. $50 rer player. Questions contact Joe Gambon at Joegumby22@yahoo.com. You can also pick up applications at the concession stand.
- On Thursday, participate in a free discussion after a video lecture event: "The First Impressionist Exhibition (1874)" at the West Roxbury Branch Library. 6-7:45 p.m.
- The City designates "cooling centers" such as the Ohrenberger and Roche community centers that anyone can go and cool off in the air conditioned centers.