5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 19
The Little League 9/10-year-old state championship tourney starts today at the Guy Cammarata Complex.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Children ages up to 8, can get a free book from attending the ReadBoston Storymobile session today at the West Roxbury Library. 6 p.m.
- Starting today and ending with a championship game on Sunday - the Parkway Little League is hosting the 9/10-year-old state championship at the Guy Cammarata Complex and a Parkway team is in the tourney! 315 Baker St., West Roxbury.
- Tonight participate in a free discussion after a video lecture event: "The First Impressionist Exhibition (1874)" at the West Roxbury Branch Library. 6-7:45 p.m.
- Parkway Little League is accepting applications for the Wood Bat Summer Ball Program. Games are Monday to Thursday (not on weekends) for the senior division, minor and major league players, junior division, T-ball, and instructional players. Program runs July 23 to Aug. 23 at the Guy Cammarata Complex. $50 rer player. Questions contact Joe Gambon at Joegumby22@yahoo.com. You can also pick up applications at the concession stand.
- On Saturday, Panera Bread will be hosting a Lemon-Aid for Kids stand with 100% of the profits going to the Boston Children's Hospital. Starting at 10 a.m.