5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 2
Figure out your July 4th plans early - and enjoy some meatless meals on Monday nights at West on Centre.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- MBTA service cuts and fare hikes started on Sunday. Try to buy commuter rail ticket before getting on the train, because it costs more to buy a ticket on the train.
- Want to know what's happening for July 3rd and 4th on the Boston Esplanade with the Boston Pops, Jennifer Hudson and more.
- Join West on Centre every Monday evening and "commit to a healthier lifestyle by cutting meat out of our diet one day a week." The restaurant will be offering specials each Monday that highlight meatless dinner recipes by Chef Todor.
- It is summertime in the city, which means the food trucks are out around the city - check the Boston food truck schedule here.
- Looking for something to do with the kids? How about checking out the Tall Ships?