5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 23
Children enjoy a free theater performance today at the West Roxbury Library at 6 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today children can enjoy a free theater performance at the West Roxbury Library with Play Around, a nonprofit organization that provides live theater via community outreach. 6 p.m. The hour-long performance will offer the chance for audience participation and feature the following stories, which are appropriate for children of all ages: “Go to Sleep, Gecko” (based on a Balinese folktale), “Dream Wolf” (based on Native American legends) and the fairytale “The Well at the End of the World." Click here for more info about Play Around. World."
- On Tuesday, the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council will hear a proposal for a beer and wine application for Rox Diner. Rox Diner seeks to add beer and wine to make it feasible to stay open for dinner. There will be no bar and they will be closing at 10 p.m. at the latest. Area E-5 Police Station. All WRNC meetings are open to the public. 7:30 p.m.
- Also on Tuesday, West Roxbury Saves Energy presents Green Your Electricity and Save Money: A New Option. Come here about a new electricity provider in Massachsutts that is environmentally friendly and will save you money. West on Centre. Free. 7 p.m.
- Also on Tuesday at Masona Grill will be the Farm to Table Beer Dinner. A 5-course meal presented by Volante Farms and Blue Hill Brewery. Click on link to see menu.
- What do you think should go in the empty storefront at 1455 VFW Parkway? It's next to iParty - what could go there?