5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 24
The Rox Diner owners will be discussing the restaurant's application for a beer and wine license tonight at the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council will hear a proposal for a beer and wine application for Rox Diner. Rox Diner seeks to add beer and wine to make it feasible to stay open for dinner. There will be no bar and they will be closing at 10 p.m. at the latest. Area E-5 Police Station. All WRNC meetings are open to the public. 7:30 p.m.
- Also tonight, West Roxbury Saves Energy presents Green Your Electricity and Save Money: A New Option. Come hear about a new electricity provider in Massachsutts that is environmentally friendly and will save you money. West on Centre. Free. 7 p.m.
- Take the polls for what you think are the best of everything in Readers' Choice 2012. Best pizza, hair salon, nail salon, and more.
- Also tonight, at Masona Grill will be the Farm to Table Beer Dinner. A 5-course meal presented by Volante Farms and Blue Hill Brewery. Click on link to see menu.
- On Thursday, the City is hosting a celebration of the 22nd anniverary of the American Disabilities Act at Boston City Hall Plaza. A free event for all with food, music and fun. 12-3 p.m. Read more here.