5 Things You Need to Know Today: July 31
See Shakespeare's "Coriolanus" on the Common for free all this week - and still time to sign-up for Parkway Pop Warner football and cheerleading.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Practice for Parkway Pop Warner started on Monday night, but boys and girls ages 7-15 can still register. Read more here. You can sign-up tonight at Billings from 6-8 p.m., but make sure you bring the necessary documentation.
- Today the West Roxbury-Roslindale Rotary Club will hold its weekly meeting at West on Centre at noon. All are welcome to attend the free luncheon to learn more about charitable giving in the local and international community.
- Every night this week at 8 p.m. is Shakespeare on the Common. This year's show is "Coriolanus" which may not be suitable for children of all ages. Free. For more info or reserving chairs click here. 175 Tremont St., Boston.
- On Wednesday there is an Artists in Residence Arts and Crafts session for children up to 12-years-old at Hynes Playground. 9 a.m. to noon. Free. For more info call 617-961-3051. This is a City-run program.
- Have you taken all of Readers' Choice polls yet? Click here and vote for your favorite pizza place, dry cleaners and more.