5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 13
Cool off for free at the Hynes Playground, and teens get your free West Roxbury YMCA membership.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Did you know the 100th visitor every day at the Franklin Park Zoo gets rewarded with free admission? The promotion runs until Sept. 9. 1 Franklin Park Road, Boston. Say hello to the gorillas.
- The Boston Licensing Board will meet at 10 a.m. Several new restaurants, as well as established businesses, are applying for 7-day beer and wine licenses, like Whole Foods in Jamaica Plain. City Hall. 8th floor.
- Looking for a place for you and the kids to cool off during the day? Check out the water spout tot lot at Hynes Field. Two age appropriate playgrounds and a water spout!
- The West Roxbury YMCA is offering free summer memberships to teens.
- The Boston City Council will meet today at noon for its regular Wednesday meeting. All meetings are open to the public and are also available on Comcast Channel 8 and RCN Channel 82.