5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 14
A New Brook Farm is looking for volunteers.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Want to get involved with the New Brook Farm? Read about the movement to get farming again at the site here. Contact Bill Tuttle at WDTuttle3@alum.mit.edu for more info or interest.
- If you're up early, today in Dedham, the Neponset Valley Chamber of Commerce is holding a business speed networking meeting at 7:30 a.m. at Buca di Beppo (233 Elm St., Dedham).
- On Wednesday there is a playground meet-up at Billings Field and will include Stay Fit while at the Park, adult fitness moves presented by the West Roxbury YMCA staff. For kids and adults. 9:30-11 a.m.
- Do you or someone you need not know how to email? The West Roxbury Library is offering a one-hour class on Wednesday about Learn How to Set Up an Email Account. This class introduces adults to email using the library's laptop computers. New computer users will learn to set up an email account. Registration is required so please contact the library at 617-325-3147. 11 a.m. - noon.
- Wednesday is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day. There will be a walk starting at the District E-5 Police Station, proceeding to the Library and back again (about one mile). Everyone is asked to wear something purple, and light refreshments will be served at the end of the walk. For more information click here about Elder Abuse Awareness.For more info about the event contact Janice Williams of Ethos Community Relations at 617-477-6616.