5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 20
Want to bring back Sidewalk Sale Days, tune into a live Q&A session with City Councilor John Connolly tomorrow, and go running with the Parkway Running Club.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today at 7:45 a.m., the West Roxbury Business and Professional Association will meet at the West Roxbury Pub Function Room. The agenda includes an update on Sidewalk Sale Days and the West Roxbury YMCA's renovation plans.
- On Thursday at 11:30 a.m., At-Large City Councilor John Connolly will be answering questions live on Patch. You can read the live interview or ask questions yourself - come to the homepage at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- The Boston Public Schools released their analysis of community feedback for reforming the student assignment process and launched a new website - www.bostonschoolchoice.org, "to make it easier for the community to engage in the conversation."
- On Thursday join the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury YMCA for a Fun Run at 6:30 p.m. Meet at the YMCA lobby for an easy 3- or 5-miler followed by refreshments at Billings Field.
- West Roxbury Patch wants you to nominate the best Chinese take-out, pizza, sandwich, and more - with the Readers' Choice nominations. There are 25 categories! What's the best nail salon? What's the best hair salon?