5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 21
An AgeWell West Roxbury event today and tomorrow night.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of today's five things in the comments section.
- Today at noon the AgeWell Cafe is open at 23 Spring St. There will be a hot lunch and a speaker. This month's speaker is Tamara Kolz with "The Estate Planning Clinic."For more info and to reserve your seat please call 617-477-6699.
- On Wednesday there will be a free demo class of Music Together. Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music and movement program for families with children birth through 4-years-old. RSVP 508-369-1698 or check the website. 10-10:45 a.m.
- On Wednesday there is a Playground Meet Up at Hynes Playground. The West Roxbury YMCA invites everyone to informal meetings of families, friends and kids during the summer at local playgrounds. 9:30-11 a.m.
- Also on Wednesday is another AgeWell West Roxbury event - with the AgeWell Social Evening at West on Centre. West Roxbury neighbors are invited to a social evening to discuss services and opportunities for elders in West Roxbury. During the night, Ethos Care will introduce the SeniorMatch program to encourage the community to help AgeWell to provide services to seniors. There will be appetizers and a cash bar. For more info and to RSVP please contact Janice at 617-477-6616. 6:30-8 p.m.
- Play it again, Sam... also on Wednesday... is the Emmanuel Church Summer Party. The Emmanuel Episcopal Church will throw its summer party on the church lawn. Burgers, hotdogs and chicken will be served. Guests are invited to bring an appetizer, side dish, salad or dessert. There will also be lawn games. For more info email email@example.com.