5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 21
Come back at 11:30 a.m. today to chat live with Boston City Councilor At-Large John Connolly.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Today at 11:30 a.m., At-Large City Councilor John Connolly will be answering questions live on Patch. You can read the live interview or ask questions yourself - come to the homepage at 11:30 a.m.
- Tonight join the Parkway Running Club and West Roxbury YMCA for a Fun Run at 6:30 p.m. Meet at the YMCA lobby for an easy 3- or 5-miler followed by refreshments at Billings Field.
- West Roxbury Patch wants you to nominate the best Chinese take-out, pizza, sandwich, and more - with the Readers' Choice nominations. There are 25 categories! What's the best home garden shop? What's the best hair salon?
- Tomorrow night is the Taste of Legacy Place (in air conditioning!) in Dedham, which is a fundraiser for The Italian Home for Children in Jamaica Plain. $30 here/$35 at the door, and you can feast on delicious tastings from: Aquitaine, Au Bon Pain, b.good, Chocolate Therapy, Genki Japanese Restaurant, J.P. Licks, Kings, Legal C Bar, Met Bar & Grill, P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Qdoba Mexican Grill, Studio 3 Restaurant & Bar, Sugar Heaven, Wicked Restaurant & Wine Bar, Whole Foods Market, Williams-Sonoma and Yard House. Enjoy music, try your luck at the Legacy Raffle, and bid on marvelous “Experience” Live Auction packages. Susan Wornick, anchor of WCVB TV’s midday newscast will be an emcee for the event Glenn Williams on BNNTV and Roslindale Arts Alliance will supply the music and also be the emcee. 3-9 p.m.
- On Friday, Deutsches Altenheim is hosting “Stand up for Seniors” co-sponsored with AgeWell West Roxbury and West Roxbury Business and Professional Association. Coffee and conversation with US Congressman Steve Lynch, D-9th; state Senator Mike Rush, D-West Roxbury, and state Rep. Ed Coppinger, D-West Roxbury. 2 p.m. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact Carol Kelly at 617-390-3209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.