5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 26
Rox Diner will discuss their plans to apply for a beer/wine license, and an update on the YMCA's expansion plans.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council will meet at 7:30 p.m. Marion Kelly, Jim Hennigan and Fred Gillis from the YMCA will discuss the upcoming expansion and fundraising activities planned for the near future. Also on the agenda, Anthony Ross, representing John Fortin and Paul Louderback from Rox Diner will discuss their plans to apply for a beer/wine license. All WRNC meetings are open to the public. District E-5 Police Station.
- On Wednesday, the Boston Public Schools department will hold a community meeting at the Ohrenberger School to solicit more feedback and ideas from members of the community about the student assignment process. 6 p.m.
- It is on like Donkey Kong! What place makes the best pizza in West Roxbury? There are so many places to pick? Nominate your favorite pizza place here.
- The Boston Tea Party Museum is opening with tours from the Boston Tea Party Ships and Museums. The new museum at the Congress Street Bridge includes interactive exhibits, living history programs, artifacts on display and much more. The museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Check out the Summertime Author Talks at the Boston Public Library with talks by authors Sam Kean, Jennifer Weiner, and more.