5 Things You Need to Know Today: June 5
Reserve your lobster dinner for the St. George Orthodox Church dinner on Friday night now.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Today at noon the West Roxbury/Roslindale Rotary Club will hold its weekly meetingat West on Centre. All are welcome to attend the free luncheon to learn more about charitable giving in the local and international community.
- On Wednesday night, take a Special Mixology Class at Blanchard's featuring gin and vodka made from Northern Raw Honey, elderflower and maple rums made from Caribbean cane and the very best all natural handmade local Limoncello peeled by hand. Buy tickets here. $15.
- For all friends, neighbors and parishioners, the St. George Orthodox Church's Lobster Dinner is on Friday, June 8, and reservations deadline is tomorrow (June 6). The menu: 2 boiled lobsters, baked potato, cole slaw, dessert and coffee. $22.95 for adults. Children are $15, younger than 12 get 1 lobster or fish. Sponsored by the St. George Orthodox Church of Boston Adult Fellowship. 5-7 p.m. Takeout orders will be available. Reservations must be made by calling Pat Ayoub at 781-326-6755 or Michel/Evelyn Easa at 617-266-0065. If a machine answers be sure to leave your name and number. Reservations required.
- Got something to say? Try blogging on West Roxbury Patch. Check out our most recent bloggers: the Boston Teachers Union, and Governor's Councilor District 2 candidate Patrick McCabe. Start your own blog here.
- Do you enjoy golfing? Did you know there are two public golf courses in Boston? The George Wright Golf Course in Hyde Park and the William J. Devine Golf Course in Dorchester. Click here for playing rates, membership rates, and more.