5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 21
'Shakespeare Classics' for free being performed at Catholic Memorial tonight at 7 p.m.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- In this week's Readers' Choice, West Roxbury Patch wants to know what do you think is the best family-friendly restaurant in the neighborhood? Vote here.
- This morning is a Baby Sign Language class at Kids' Fun Stop. This class does cost $75. Call 617-325-0800 for more info. 9 a.m. Weekly classes on Wednesdays and Mondays
- Also today is the Catholic Memorial School’s Middle School Program offering a free one-hour performance of several scenes from Shakespeare’s plays in “Shakespeare Classics” at 7 p.m. in the school’s Perry Gymnasium. Director Ross MacDonald. Free and open to the public.
- On Saturday night, AgeWell West Roxbury will be throwing a party to celebrate 5 years with afundraiser West Roxbury Rocks! from 7-11 p.m., at the Irish Social Club. Dance the night away to the music of Tuxedo Junction and there will be dance demonstrations by the Tony Williams Dance Center in Jamaica Plain. Tickets are $35, available online here and at many West Roxbury businesses. Sponsorships and volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Check out a new West Roxbury feature - Last Chance - with this week's entry letting you know about a class/sampling of the wines of Southern Australia tonight from 7-8:30 p.m. at Blanchards. $15.