5 Things You Need to Know Today: March 7
Elizabeth Warren toured West Roxbury yesterday.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- US Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren's campaign trail blazed through West Roxbury yesterday. Warren spent her afternoon stopping in at neighborhood businesses. Images and the story of her tour are available here.
- Ed Morgan will play family-friendly tunes at Kids' Fun Stop this afternoon. Bring your young'uns down to take in a performance that tends to get kids and adults alike on their feet and singing along. 4:30 p.m., $10 for one child, $16 for two.
- Be sure to make your voice heard as we ask who's the top dentist in West Roxbury in this week's Best of Patch Reader's Choice competition. Polling is set to close Friday at 9:00 a.m.
- West Roxbury Main Streets' Burger Wars are underway. Nine restaurants are battling for the crown as the neighborhood's best burger provider. Online polling will account for 25 percent of the vote and can be participated in here.
- Have you heard of the 3/50 Project? The project aims to spread awareness of the positive effects of shopping at independent businesses, like many of the shops that line Centre Street. Reads a pamphlet for the project, "For every $100 spent in independently owned businesses, $68 returns to the local economy through taxes, payroll, and other expenditures. If you spend that in a national chain, only $43 stays here. Spend it online and nothing comes here." Learn more about the project here.