5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 11
The WRCC Players present 'Beauty and the Beast' tonight and tomorrow.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Tonight and tomorrow night, the WRCC Players present "Beauty and the Beast, Jr." at the West Roxbury Education Complex. 7 p.m. Orchestra tickets $15, mezzanine $10.
- Sunday is Mother's Day. Lilac Sunday is at the Arnold Arboretum on Sunday, a wonderful event for the whole family, especially moms.
- This week's Readers' Choice Poll wants to know - what is the best staycation in West Roxbury? Polling ends today at 9 a.m., and the winner will be announed today.
- On Saturday there will be Church Yard Sale at Holy Name rain or shine. 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. The Holy Name Youth Service Project is raising money for the Up and Out Program, which helps the homeless. There will be appliances, baked goods, books, boutique items, clothing, computers, furniture, games & toys, jewelry and a white elephant table. Donations are being accepted Fri, night from 6-8 p.m. or Saturday morning. Contact HolyNameYouthServiceProject@gmail.com to arrange pick up of larger items.
- 'The Splendor of Bach' will be performed at the Holy Name Parish on Saturday night by the Newton Choral Society led by Roslindale's David Carrier as the Music Director. Tickets for seniors/students is $21. Tickets will be available at the door.