5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 14
What is the best package store in West Roxbury? Vote now.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- This week's Readers' Choice Poll wants to know - what is the best package store in West Roxbury? Vote here. Voting ends on Friday at 9 a.m. and the winner will be announced on Friday.
- Ethos is offering a free 6-week workshop for caregivers. Powerful Tools for Caregivers will take place on Mondays from 6:30-8 p.m. and starts on June 4. As a caregiver you will learn: to reduce stress; improve self-confidence; balance your life; better communicate your feelings; increase ability to make tough decisions and locate helpful resources. This workshop is free but pre-registration is required. Call Leslie Ahern at 617-477-6676. The workshop will take place at the Spaulding Rehabilitation Center, 1245 Centre Street, West Roxbury.
- Tonight the West Roxbury Civic & Improvement Association's will meet. The scheduled agenda includes: Patrick Corrigan, the builder of the four Victorian homes on Grove Street will be attending to inform the community of his project. There will also be nomination of officers and directors for the WRCIA. St. Stephen's United Methodist Church. 7 p.m. This meeting is open to residents and the public.
- On Wednesday, enjoy a fun and free concert, with the Sly Voxes Spring Concert. The Sly Voxes is a men's a cappella group directed by Headmaster Kerry Brennan, performing motets, madrigals, folksongs, spiritual and pop favorites. 7:30 p.m. Roxbury Latin School, 101 St. Theresa Avenue, West Roxbury. All are welcome. Admission is free. Reception will follow.
- The Boston Public Schools system is changing the student assignment process and wants your feedback. The next community meeting will take place tomorrow at the Boston Public Library Copley Branch, Orientation Glass Room (McKim Building), 6-8 p.m. For more about BPS' community meetings, schedules, to fill out the online survey, and more - click here.