5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 19
Learn about nutrition; it's National EMS week and more...
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
- Linda Lasalle, a board-certified music therapist will host a Nutrition Workshop: Music and Food for Body and Soul at Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center at Faulkner Hospital (1153 Centre St., Jamaica Plain). Learn techniques to help you increase you hunger level awareness and decrease your impulse to eat. Use music to make eating a more pleasurable experience. The workshop is free and all are welcome. Registration is required. Please contact nancy Oliveira MS, RD, LDN at 617-983-4593 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It's National EMS Week. Learn how to perform CPR and First Aid by contacting the West Roxbury YMCA.
- The Boston Common Frog Pond Carousel is open now. Check out the schedule here. Carousels are fun.
- On Friday, St. Theresa's School is having a $10,000 raffle thatparents and supporters of the St. Theresa School are invited to a cocktail party. There will be a silent auction, music, dancing and appetizers. Tickets (also for the raffle) are $100. For more info contact Cheryl Kehayias at 617-839- 8681 or email@example.com. 7:30 p.m. Monsignor Donahue Hall.
- Also on Friday, West Roxbury District City Councilor Matt O'Malley is holding office hours at Starbucks. 8-9 a.m.