5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 4
A giant yard sale with more than 150 families selling really good stuff at Roxbury Latin on Saturday.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- There is going to be a giant 150+ families yard sale at Roxbury Latin on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Rain or shine. Featuring appliances, audio, baked goods, books, boutique items, clothing, computers, a white elephant table and more. Free parking and the famous RL Porters to carry your items to your car.
- Registration for the summer camp programs at the Roche Family Community Center began Wednesday at 5 p.m. Sessions begin the week of July 9. Camps are Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Fee: $250 per two-week session. There are camps for kids age 3- to 15-year-olds.
- This week's Patch Readers' Choice poll wants to know - where is the best spot to get Mother's Day brunch in West Roxbury? Voting ends today at 9 a.m. The winner will be announced later today.
- Boston Public Schools are offering two online surveys for feedback on the improvements of the school assignment process and the school climate. Bostonian residents with or without students in the BPS system are being invited to take the surveys. Faculty and students are also being asked to take surveys.
- Tonight the there will be a fundraiser at the Irish Social Club with music and raffles to benefit the African Mission Fathers in Dedham. The organizaton helps feed the hungry, build homes and schools for the disadvantaged in Africa. Admission $10. Prizes include $8,000 and a cruise for two to Bermuda.