5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 7
Where is the best staycation in West Roxbury?
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- This week's Readers' Choice Poll wants to know - what is the best staycation in West Roxbury?
- On Thursday night is the 1st Taste of West Roxbury at the Irish Social Club. Please join West Roxbury Main Streets for more than 20 Parkway restaurants serving up their best food. $25 per ticket. 6-9 p.m. Buy tickets here.
- Tonight is the Republican Ward 20 May meeting at the District E-5 Police Station at 7:30 p.m. Meetings are free and all registered Republicans, conservatives and unenrolled voters are welcome to attend.
- Tonight the Belleve Hill Improvement Assocation will meet at 7 p.m. Elected officials will speak; and updates about some of the new West Roxbury businesses will be provided. The Bellevue Hill park clean-up that recently took place will also be discussed. Also, plantable flowers will be given away at the meeting. St. George Orthodox Church.
- Boston Public Schools are offering two online surveys for feedback on the improvements of the school assignment process and the school climate. Bostonian residents with or without students in the BPS system are being invited to take the surveys. Faculty and students are also being asked to take surveys.