5 Things You Need to Know Today: May 9
One more day until the 1st Taste of West Roxbury - do you have your tickets yet?
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Tomorrow night is the 1st Taste of West Roxbury at the Irish Social Club. Please join West Roxbury Main Streets for more than 20 Parkway restaurants serving up their best food. $25 per ticket. 6-9 p.m. Buy tickets here.
- Tonight the Charles River/Spring Valley Neighborhood Association will hold its spring meeting. All residents and businesses of the Spring Street area are welcome to attend. The association’s meeting agenda includes welcoming the new owners of the new area business –Lean Works. In addition, a representative of the City of Boston will update the neighborhood on the progress of the Gateway Project. 7 p.m. at the Elks Hall.
- This week's Readers' Choice Poll wants to know - what is the best staycation in West Roxbury? Polling ends on Friday at 9 a.m. The winner will be announed on Friday.
- On Thursday, singer Ruth Harcovitz will present her show "Broadway Cavalcade" at the West Roxbury Library for free. The show is a review of American Musical Theater from its early days up until more recent times, and including favorite show tunes of the senior set. Harcovitz has appeared with opera companies including the Santa Fe Opera, Artists Internationale, and the Opera Company of Boston. Refreshments will be served following the performance. Come early as space is limited. 2 p.m. This event is funded through The Friends of the West Roxbury Library.
- Don't forget Sunday is Mother's Day. Lilac Sunday is the Arnold Arboretum, too, a wonderful event for the whole family, especially moms.