5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 11
Today's date is 11-11-11 and it is Veterans Day.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- Today is Veterans Day. There are three big events: The German Centre for Extended Care will dedicate their Wall of Honor. This is a pictorial and narrative exhibit of members of the Deutsches Altenheim community who served in the Armed Forces of the US. Refreshments will be served at 9:30 a.m. and the dedication is scheduled from 10:30 to 11 a.m.;
- The Gardens at Gethsemane is hosting the First Annual American Flag Retirement Ceremony to be held on to help organize with the community to implement this important practice to respect our flag at 11:30 a.m.;
- ....and Rolling Thunder, MA Chapter 1 will convene at Millennium Park at 2:45 p.m. They will then ride their motorcycles down the VFW Parkway to Baker Street, reaching their destination, the Gardens at Gethsemane, to dedicate a bench and boulder with a black granite plaque inserted, calling attention to POW-MIA issues. The dedication of the reflecting park will begin at 3 p.m., right next to the Garden of Honor Veterans area at the cemetery. Joe D'Entremont, President of MA Chapter 1 invites all motorcycle riders to join them.
- Also some deals on Veterans Day include: free acupuncture treatments for veterans at Eastern Sun Acupuncture, and at Seek Books veterans will get a 25% discount. Top It Off and Kalembar Dune are also running sales.
- Please take this poll about how to spell the street Lagrange or LaGrange. Let your voice be heard on this not so important issue.