5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 16
Wednesday Morning Book Club welcoming new members and more.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the five things in the comments section.
- The Wednesday Morning Book Club will meet today at 10:30 a.m. and meets the third Wednesday of each month from September through May. Meetings take place in the West Roxbury Library Lecture Hall and begin at 10:30 a.m. November's book is "The Prodigal Summer" by Barbara Kingsolver. New members are always welcome! Books and author/review materials are provided for each member. Coffee, tea, water and refreshments are served courtesy of the Friends of the West Roxbury Branch Library.
- On Thursday attend a free workshop on Accessibility Issues for Senior Citizens. There will be two presentations: Introduction of ITNGreaterBoston, which is a transportation program for seniors; and an AgeWell West Roxbury presentation about snow issues by WalkBoston. Seniors are welcome to stay for a hot luncheon, but must RSVP to Janice at 617-477-6616 to reserve space for lunch. There will be a suggested donation if $2. St. George Orthodox Church.
- The Catholic Memorial School’s Drama Club will perform the acclaimed play "Inherit the Wind" on Nov. 17/18 in CM's gym. Showtime is 7 p.m. and tickets will be available at the door for a cost of $5. The play is directed by faculty member Nicholas Colarossi.
- On Thursday, Faulkner Hospital there will be a free 7 p.m. presentation Innovations in Minimally Invasive Gynecological Procedures by Dr. Antonio Gargiulo, Obstetrics & Gynecology and Dr. Karen Wang, Obstetrics & Gynecology. This presentation will focus on robotic surgery for fertility preservation with a review of fertility-sparing robotic surgery options for women facing reproductive difficulties, as well as a minimally invasive approach to hysterectomy where the advantages and benefits of laparoscopic procedures to hysterectomy will be explained. Free parking will be provided. To register, call 617-983-7500. 1153 Centre St., Jamaica Plain.
- Hello out there Jackson School young alumni! Come and attend a reunion at West on Centre on Thursday. 7-9 p.m.