5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 16
St. Theresa's Christmas Bazaar on Saturday - please bring donations for Hurricane Sandy relief drive; And enjoy Carl Orff's Carmina Burana at Holy Name on Saturday, too.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The St. Theresa's School is holding a Hurricane Sandy relief aid collection all week, and what St. T's collects is being combined with the ongoing Wicked Sharp Ski & Sports Hurricane Sandy relief drive.
- You can also bring donations to St. Theresa's Christmas Bazaar this Saturday. Numerous vendors, amazing raffles, food, children's activities and a special visit from Santa! 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Catholic Memorial School's drama club will present Tom Stoppard’s play Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead tonight and Saturday (originally scheduled for Thurs/Fri). 7 p.m. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased at the door.
- On Saturday at the Holy Name Parish the Newton Choral Society's 37th season begins with with Carl Orff's dramatic cantata Carmina Burana. Tickets $25, $21 for students/seniors. 8-10 p.m.
- Your photo could win a contest to be the West Roxbury Patch Facebook's cover photo.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.