5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 27
A company wanting to park about 22 school buses on Rivermoor Street will discuss its proposal at the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council meeting tonight.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- Tonight the West Roxbury Neighborhood Council (WRNC) will meet at 7:30 p.m. at the District E-5 Police Station Community Room. The agenda includes a presentation by Joe Klements who is representing a company who proposes to park about 22 school buses at 151 Rivermoor St., during the school day, with a trailer to accommodate the operation. This needs both Zoning Board of Appeals and Parks Commission approval because it’s an abutter of Millennium Park and VFW Parkway. All WRNC meetings are open to the Public.
- Gypsies in West Roxbury? Should we widen Centre Street? Start a YMCA? Are you for or against Prohibition? All of these were topics of discussion at the November 1912 meeting of the West Roxbury Civic Association. Sandi Serkess from the West Roxbury Historical Society will be reading some excerpts from these 100-year-old meeting minutes at the WRNC meeting.
- Also today attend a free workshop on Preparing for a Job Interview at the Copley Branch Library Training Lab. 2:30-3:30 p.m. Topics include how to answer interview questions, dress and study for your interview. 700 Boylston St., Boston.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
- On Wednesday night there will be a Christmastime in Ireland Direct from Dublin show at the Irish Social Club at 7 p.m. $20 tickets at the door. Tony Kenny, the star of Jurys Cabaret is headlining, with Kathy Durkin, the three-time winner of Ireland's female recording artist of the year, will also perform. The Dublin Trinity Band and the Jurys Irish Dancers are also scheduled to appear.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.