5 Things You Need to Know Today: November 29
The Roslindale-West Roxbury Kiwanis Club meets today and visitors are prospective members are most welcome.
"Five Things You Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. You can also sign-up for the West Roxbury Patch.com daily or weekly newsletter that will come straight to your inbox with everything Patch.
- The Roslindale-West Roxbury Kiwanis Club meets today at 12:15 p.m. at the West Roxbury YMCA. The Roslindale-West Roxbury Kiwanis Club has been serving the needs of the community since 1935. Visitors are most welcome to join.
- On Friday, the Red Sox will transform Fenway Park into a winter wonderland at the Red Sox Holiday Bash, a free, open-to-public holiday festival. Children and families of all ages are invited to experience the magic of the holiday season through an interactive Winter Village, complete with a trackless train, moon bounce and a decked out Christmas tree. Appearances by Red Sox players and legends; Access to exclusive areas of the ballpark, including the home clubhouse; Debut of the "Fenway Park Winter Light Show," an LED musical performance on; the Green Monster at 5:45, 6:45, & 7:45 p.m. – designed by Atlas, Inc.; Fenway Park winter menu items; Opportunity to get a photo with a background of the field and Fenway Park façade. The event is open to the public. Please RSVP by visiting redsox.com/holidays and clicking Yes. Start at 5 p.m.
- The Boston City Council discussed ways to cutdown long lines on Election Day, including early voting or online voting.
- Enter your house in Patch's Deck the House contest and win $100,000 for the Boston Public Schools district and $500 for your electricity bill.
- Meet with West Roxbury's District Councilor Matt O'Malley during his office hours at Starbucks on Friday. 8-9 a.m.
Things you can do every day on West Roxbury Patch:
- Share your news with the rest of the community. Click here to add an announcement.
- Add your events to our events calendar.
- Click here to sign up for our daily newsletter.
- Share your thoughts on your community in a blog. Click here to get started.